Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Thing of Beauty (blog from 101310)

During the last few days I have been riveted to my television. An entire nation bound together and impacting the entire world. Which of the 33 were not heroes? Which of the 6 could have risked their lives more fully on behalf of the others? The President could have not been more of a leader. As so many said, after it was over, how could an entire nation have done more. Chile will never be the same. The president will never be the same. The volunteers were changed forever. The miners are incredible. Never in my life have I witnessed something I so completely wanted to be a part of. Perhaps, I too have been changed. Hard work, genus, courage, bravery, leadership, risk taking, patience, discipline, role play and patriotism had their days.

How and when will I change. Once again, my sentence was commuted and I remain alive. However, I still awake asking myself how well have I used this extended time? Is the world a better place today? Jesus not only provided baptism and confirmation along with Holy Orders and the Eucharist but allowed me several opportunities to die in His Grace. Tomorrow, I hope to be transformed as those players of Chile were transformed and find in potential tragedy the pinnacle of love so aptly portrayed in tears, words, hugs and kisses, presence and faithfulness. I hope the last few days watching my tv have not been wasted.

No comments: