Friday, August 13, 2010

Come back July, where did you go?

It's been too long since my last blog. I looked down and it was July 1st and now August is slipping away. I know I didn't waste it all. I've tried to use each day profitably, but maybe that's what makes it travel at light speed. Our grandson Kellan told his grandmother that he was going "back" to school. He's in the second grade. Grandma was heartbroken because she missed so much of the first grade.

My tests have come back with a little blip in them. They're monitoring them closely so don't forget those prayers that have gotten me this far. I have a new doctor who is trying to get a handle on my history so there is a little frustration on the part of all involved.

Chloe's sister has been here for the last seven weeks and has helped with every aspect of our lives and we couldn't be more appreciative. It will be with a heavy heart that we drop her off at the airport next Saturday.

I picked up my paint brush last week and that felt good. I'm going to try and do another portrait. I was enthused by the kind remarks of Doc upon the reception of his portrait. He made my day. Perhaps I can do more and I'm going to move ahead.

We are thinking very hard about the possibility of moving to Denver. It would mean leaving Monty Pope behind, but it would bring Kellan, Zoe Brooklyn and Dexter closer. Chloe misses every day as do I, but I'm just overwhelmed by the love of the kids and their grandma. I wish every kid in the world got a touch of that "love". It sure would make the world a better place to live. Yesterday was baseball day in the backyard with Monty. He can slam that ball and he is able to hit it over the fence. Again, grandma was out there with her broken arm catching, running, tagging and allowing him to score every time he ran the bases. That was after several hours in the Kellan Monty play room. If we move there has to be one of those rooms in the house where they can run and play their hearts out.

Laura is now at the end of my bed where she sleeps every night. She is the greatest cat and we have been very lucky with her. We fell in love with her at the pound and she has never let us down. Hurray for Laura,

The days have been a gift from the heavens. I've actually been acting like I'm retired. For at least five days in a row I have been sitting outside and reading. We went to Barnes and Noble and went nuts. They had reduced a whole slew of hard covers to six and seven $. They were good books and we broke the bank. I'm just finishing over a thousand pages of the Ronald Reagan Diary. Although I'm not necessarily a big fan I identify very well with every entry. He wrote an entry for every day of his presidency of the eight years. He loved Nancy more than anything in his life and was a mess whenever she left the White House without him. He loved her almost as much as I love Chloe. I've been in heaven going from out front to out back and suckng in every moment of just right sun shine.

We had at least eight baby birds born around our home this year. It happens every year and brings a certain warmth to the house each year. You can almost set your calendar to their arrival.

I'd be indebted to you if you would remember my best friend Msgr Jim Cooney. Our relationship stretches back beyond 50+ years. He has been really sick and age is not being nice to him. If you have not had a friend like Jim in your life you have been impoverished. Thanks.

I want to also thank all of you "out there" who have taken the time to periodically read my ramblings. Stay well, smile and above all else "Hang in there."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Frank,
Been to a ball game lately? The raniers are just the right size. Took grandson #1 tonight. They are in town for 5 more days. Plenty of fun and room for him to move around. Scalped a great ticket in the 3rd row above the home team dugout. He enjoyed the big moon and looked for the stars. Pat