Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year


Today, the star shines down upon us at the very moment it shine upon the child within the stable.  It shines with eternal hope that can't be quenched by time or distance.  The child within the crib smiles for having been recognized as savior of the UNIVERSE.  

The word "universe" is just too impersonal to convey the personal and intimate nature of this encounter of God and man.  It's an encounter with the Infinite.  It's an encounter with an innumerable number of souls inclusive of my own.

Grasping the hand of my mother on one side and my dad on the other, I had my introduction to this manger scene of hope.  As my brothers/sisters before me and those who would follow after me, we were introduced to the "baby Jesus."  Yes, now simply a cast of stone depicting the love of their family and mine.  We the peoples of the world begin a unity with each other in a brotherhood of one in His name.  It's a family within the loving power of Jesus Christ.  We are one with each other within the unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

This season I prepare once again for this celebration of love incarnate.  The intimacy and simplicity of God's gift sweeps me off my feet into a bliss never experienced before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Frank and Chris,
By accident today (June 16,2009) I discovered your blog on a library computer in West Palm Beach Florida. Remember me? Jim Guinnessey (aka Diamond Jim the name given to me by the nuns atat Marymount High School in Richmond, Va.)I,too, am recovering from cancer(head and neck).My e-mail is GuinnessJ5@Yahoo.com