Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. Most especially to Bill Bettyas who has been responsible for my blog from day one of my illness. It was his creation and along with his son, Jason implemented and then maintained it up to this day. As of this insert Bill relinquishes the reins to my daughter Tara. Bill, I will always be thankful to you for your kindness. God bless you and yours.

To all who have helped sustain my life I say thank you. To my parents and relatives who provided life and maintained it I say thank you. To my wife, Chloe who I have loved from the moment I first met her, I say thank you for your love. To my children who have now surpassed our love for them in their love for us I say thank you. To my family and friends who I could never have lived without I say thank you. To my enemies I ask their forgiveness and love for my lack of love towards you. God knows my love and failure to love and I ask His continued love for me in my unworthiness.

Today we go to Debi’s and Tim’s home to share in the thanksgiving meal as the torch is passed. Jessie and Mike will join us. Although Jim and Tara will not be there we are pumped up in knowing they will arrive on Christmas day.

I have found a new way of expressing myself, when asked about my cancer. It is “I never have a good day, but I have innumerable magnificent good moments during all those days which makes it all worth while”. God, family and friends have always been at my side both figuratively and actually. I am very blessed.

MILESTONE Mike and Tim took me for a walk within Madera last week. Mike rode my wheelchair to the point I could go no further. It brought a great sense of achievement. I have been consistent on my treed mill each day for 5 10 15 and now 20 minutes. I’m now a little more faithful to my exercises. The pool has been great help.

My grandson had an operation last week on both legs. It looks like a great success. My daughter Tara was overwhelmed about how well everything went. Denver’s new children’s hospital has done everything right inclusive of staffing. I hope they realize how important they are in the lives of others.

I hope that you made the passing of the “big bird” worthwhile. Now prepare for the most spiritual Christmas of your lives. Pray for me.

No comments: