Saturday, March 24, 2007

Old Life Evolved into New Life















Spring is here -
Today is the first day.
I see new life outside my window.
My home has no less than five birthing robin nests
that are on the house and not within the many trees.
Protected by the parents - who save them from the invasion
of all the big birds that would suck the life out of them.
The trees will soon block my view of the lake
with the blooms and new leaves from those small buds that I now see.
And within me life continues to re-blossom.
Yesterday at the lab my blood was again altered.
I pray that the new life that surrounds you
would be recognized by you and renewed in you.

Body & Mind -
My meditation class is finished, and I'm so happy I accepted the challenge. I didn't think I could take the three hours of pain, but God was Good. Bottom line - new skills for controlling personal pain and focusing.

I snuck in a presentation on taking the "in" out of incurable and received one of only two rounds of applause given during the 10 week clinic - it took me 1/2 an hour that I didn't think I could do, but did do, and it is now history. My instructor told me at the end that I had been an inspiration and had helped make it one of the best clinics. I say this to you not out of pride, but out of humility - look at what God can do with us if we but provide the broken material.

She also reviewed my book on the last year plus, and unless she lied, she was very complimentary and encouraged me to bring it to conclusion and publication - Wow. Others have been as encouraging, and all for different reasons - Jessie has begun the editing and publishing process - cross your fingers.

Birthdays -
As you know this was birthday month for us, and we celebrated together. The house was full with family and long time friends. I found it a little difficult to follow conversations but not the laughter and joy that filled the house - it was the best ever.

Denver, CO -
On Wed morning of this week - it was not the kids who cried. All my children were together with me as they prepared to take Tara, Jim and our grand children (less Monty) to the airport. They left us after a year plus to go to their new home in Denver. We all wept from the bottom of our souls - when you love much - you also suffer much. The kids are still wondering when they will be coming back home.

On my last job, I volunteered to go to Iraq - it is unfathomable to me to see my children go. My family surrendered three brothers to war - when will it end? I don't have the courage to see another telegram.

- Frank

No comments: