Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good Cop - Bad Cop

I saw the doctor on Friday. I have never seen him so elated. I think I have broken the doctor patient norm of not liking each other. He put everything down and said "I have never had a more remarkable case. You have met and exceeded every expectation I have had, and those I would dare not have. Your blood work is right on. It's just remarkable. I have never seen a multi myeloma patient do what you have done starting from where we were in the beginning. As your doctor, I cannot be less than very excited with your progress. Just amazing!!"

"However, you know you are incurable. You must behave yourself, and after last Tuesday you seem to understand that. (I had gone from the previous Tuesday non stop stretching myself almost every day with absolutely no pacing). I think on Tuesday I was on the way out - just absolutely exhausted, feeling terribly sick and not wanting to do anything. (Kris thought I might even be on the way out). The doctor turned to Kris and said "I know he is strong willed and you are not, but from now on - you are in charge of his pacing and most importantly his scheduling. End of story - you both know what you have to do. I'll see you in a month." For a happy guy, he sure was pretty tough!

- Frank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank,
Glad to see that you are doing well. I have often watch your progress on your site since I've moved to Chicago and slowly adapted to this "civilian world".

We are finally getting into the routine of things out here. I am doing well in my second career, thanks to you and the rest of the crew back at the ACAP office.

Winter is finally coming to an end as I can now see my brown grass!

Keep up the good work frank and listen to your doctor. Keep in touch.

Bill Boyle

You and your family will always be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Frank. I'm glad the doctor is pleased with your progress. I think of you and Kris often and include your health and recovery in my prayers. Be safe and God Bless!! sue m.