Saturday, September 23, 2006

Jason & Monica tie the knot















Hey – Remember Jason Meyer? He recently got married. Congratulations Jason and Monica – best wishes from all of us.

I’ve been following the flow of the Stryker guys in and out of Iraq. I’m sure you all have your hands full. I would love to be there and try to help those guys and gals.

Meet The Klutz

You cannot read further unless you already know that the number one person in my life is Kris, my wife. I don’t need anyone to tell me – she is the most beautiful, most intelligent, loving wife, mother and grandmother in the world. After 35 years I would be very happy to repeat, start from scratch or just spend my remaining days seeing her smile. If you understand that – she is the principal person who has taken me from the brink of death to where I am today – then and only then – you may continue to read now and in the future about the Caregiver Klutz.

What’s a klutz – yesterday was a good day that went south. Kris had nothing to do with it going south but one of the incidents on the way didn’t exactly help. Kris was taking me out so I could have a change of scenery. Getting in and out of the car is a venture in itself. I was snug in place with seat belt secured – which I am no longer allowed to do for myself, because one afternoon I almost bled to death by getting a big gash on my arm from just putting it on. However, here I was now snug and feeling secure – Kris had done a great job with my pillow under what’s left of my behind and had fastened my seatbelt. We were ready to high tail it.

At the last second Kellan (3) – my grandson - came out of the house screaming – grandma, I want to give you a kiss good bye. He gave her a very big smooch. She then said go around and give one to grandpa, and he very dutifully came around to my side, I put my window down 3/4 of the way, but we just couldn’t reach each other – my seatbelt was just too tight, but I was able to get my head fully through the window – that is – until Kris hit the “close” button and caught my neck between the window and top of the door. Not only was I scared out of my senses, but I hurt – I hurt – I hurt. The more I screamed, the more she pushed the button up. She was just trying to get even for the day I ran over her foot. You be the judge – who is the Klutz – her or me? I don’t even know if I got the kiss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen has been trying to do this to me for years, but so far I have been too quick.

Tim