Sunday, April 03, 2011

My Dad

My dad died minutes after I posted his last blog on Stan Rother, 4-1-11 at 4:10 PST. I will post a blog about my dad in the coming days/weeks. I will add service times when I have them. In the mean time as my mom was looking though files today she found a folder with poems my dad wrote back in 1989-1990. This one is about Stan (please see previous post).

From Moments and Reflections Within A Life
November 11, 1989

STAN

I remember you well
and yet I forget

You were strong
You were deep

Did you know then?
What you know now?

Your call would be more final
Death would define you

Did you know?
Did you sense?

That your love
Would mean your death

We didn't think in those terms
Did you?

Our thoughts were
On life and having it more fully

Would we ever understand
That you would be deprived of
Life but have it more fully

Would that the world knew
I wish they knew
That we were friends
And friends ever will be

May we someday
See the fruit of our labor
In the beautiful
Flowers and greenery
Of a shrine that was a shrine
Before others recognized it as such

--I hope these two friends are now together again.
Tara

No comments: