Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blog 3-30-2010

I typically don't do this, but I have to preface my (Tara) dad's blog with "I'm really far behind on postings for him" - this one was written on 3/30/10 even though it's being posted today 5/19/10...another one to come....

Only one more day and my favorite month slips away. Couldn’t we start it over again. Come in God, give us a second to appreciate it more than we did the first time around. That’s okay, you need not answer. I already know the answer, we only get to go around one time. That would really be enough, if we only gave it a better shot first time around. You know what, it was good and I want to thank you for it.

We had a home Mass last week. A friend of ours had a schedule yesterday and we thought for all of our sakes, it would be good to get together. Thank God, it had not spread.

My cancer remains in remission. I’ve managed to get out of the house several times which has really been helpful to my morale. Many of those times were involved in going to my grandson, Monty Pope’s soccer practice or games. Its been fun and I’ve had a lot of fun putting together movies. You’ll find them on You Tube under my name and videos. He and his father had a wild time on a beautiful day and I caught most of it and again published it under “Beautiful Day’ which stood for a great day on the outside and inside. I’m publishing this stuff on Facebook, Your Space, Twittter and other places. Yes, it has been fun and if I don’t mind saying so myself, the pictures were great. I’d love to know what you think. Please.

My heart has been bleeding about the scandals of the church. Can’t be hurt unless you love. I’ve never not loved a moment of time with my church. As I said, you’ll never know unless you really love. We’re remembering this week those most terrible hours in Jesus’ life, the agony in the garden. When he took a good look at me and found how unworthy I really am. Despite that, the love was always there.

I’m dreaming this spring again, getting season’s tickets to the Rainer’s game. Talk about heaven. Special parking for the handicapped followed by a great ramp and seating arrangements for my wheelchair. Quiet please, don’t wake me up and lose my dream. I so bad want to go. Is there anyone out there looking to play hookey from work and take me to the game. Thanks everyone for continuing to be there for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, we've been looking for your updates and they are here. Thanks. I head out biking to San Diego this saturday. Will be about 1800 miles of washington, Oregon and California coast. I expect to do it in 38 days,near 50 miles a day. Some longer some shorter. I would love to go to a baseball game afer July 2 when I return. Let me know. Pat