Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today will mark the end of my passivity. I’ve allowed myself to become passive and accepting of today and tomorrow. I’m going to give myself a different shot each day. I’m going to plan each day and those plans are going to be pro active. I’m going to rebuild this old body and attempt to remodel it into what it was meant to be. A fitting temple of the Holy Spirit. That is old catechism language, but I think language that befits my goals of today.

It’s a shame the way we treat Thanksgiving. I should really speak for myself, the way I treat Thanksgiving. Although, we share the feast with Canada, I like to think of it as particularly ours. It’s a feast made and fashioned for the needs of today. It was not founded in abundance, but rather in the poverty and hardships of the time. It seems sad if so many of us have been battered in ways we never thought possible. A security born from dedication and had work failed in delivering its promises. There are so many of us still unable to determine what hit us.

I’ll have to leave this blog to you individual experiences or I’ll be writing for days on end. I’m surrounded with reasons to be truly thankful. I’ll mention just a very few. My health care professionals have been incredibly helpful in my life. As our nation fights to fix a broken system, individuals within that system fight like super stars to bring a touch of love to all they serve. I’m thankful. My family and friends have never let me down. They have created a touchstone of comfort and warmth in which I am able to heal and grow.

Kris is a superstar. She awakes and goes to sleep each day spent. There is little left for herself after emptying every bit of goodness out for others. She is a model of wife, mother, child, spiritual being and just plain old fashioned goodness. It’s so good to see her recognized by all as one they would love to have as wife, mother, friend and companion. Her marvels are many and her goodness sublime.

Finally, I’m thankful for today and this moment as I remember and recall a life filled with gifts. I’m regretful, but find it less productive than love. I’m going to try and make this a love filled day for those around me. I’m going to try and make a difference by being different.

Hang in there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Frank and Chris, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Your blog site has allowed me to keep up with you and appreciate your thoughts and experiences better. Thank you for sharing your journey with those of us from afar.

I was at Fort Lewis today and ran into Steve C, one of your previous clients. He asked me about your health and well-being and I referred him to your website.

Hope you were able to enjoy the gift of blue skies during the glorious first few days of December 2009. Besides the bitter cold, the days were magical.

These warmer days of this 2nd week bring us our more typical rainy days in the Pacific Northwest.

Wishsing you the joy and magic of this holy Christmas season.

Blessings to you and your family!! Sue Maloney

Anonymous said...

Sue, Many thanks for your kind remembrances. It's nice to hear = I'm lost with regards Steve C. If you read this could you be so kind as to fill in the blank. Hope all is well with the family and they have now grown to be leaders of our society while we continue to grow older and perhaps wiser. Thanks again.