Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hi to all:

Hi To All:

From the first moment six months ago that my doctor shook my hand and said, “you’re my patient now,” to today, progress has been unbelievable. It turned from - you should have died yesterday - into - can you imagine; you’re still alive today. Not only have I remained alive, but some truly wonderful things have happened to me during this time. (I’ll not mention the tests, the chemo, the transfusions, the overdosing, etc.) This week I celebrated my 69th birthday which I thought would be celebrated with my parents and many of my friends in heaven. Maybe we can get Las Vegas to give us some odds on #70.

Some of you have written or asked to visit, and I have not gotten back to you. Although my overall health seems to be going in the right direction, the side effects of my medications frequently have me going in circles. I ask your patience with me. Your letters and requests have helped to keep my morale up. In fact, I still can’t tell if it’s a great doctor, or friends with great prayers who have brought me to today.

Can anyone explain the nasty look on my doctor’s face every time I talk to him about a glass of wine or a can of beer? I keep reminding him about his pontifications about “quality of life”.

From a very indebted friend,
Frank Kabisch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank,

If you are telling your doctor you want to have a glass of Mad Dog 20/20 or a Budweiser, that explains the look on the doc's face. Tell your doctor you want a German wine or beer! It's better for you. Keep up the good work.

Jenny Bartoy said...

Mr. Kabisch,

It is so great to hear your voice, even if it is a virtual voice. Jen and I are keeping you in our thoughts.

All our love, but I think that we want that California sunshine back that we sent up to you. We are getting soaked down here.